View Full Description
The Schecter C-7 SLS Elite is "Elite" by name and "Elite" by nature. It is a forward-looking guitar with every specification being focused on new technology and exceptional playability. The C-7 SLS is a "Slim Line Series" instrument that provides a no-holds-barred approach to achieving an outstanding playing experience with an extended range from its additional 7th string. With modern Fishman Fluence pickups, a fast specification neck, quality tonewoods and streamlined construction, this guitar is the ultimate shred and low-end riffing machine.
Fishman Fluence Pickups
Fishman has radically innovated pickup manufacturing with its range of Fluence pickups. The pickups provide a noise-free operation and feature some clever wiring to allow two different tonalities from a single pickup. The C-7 SLS Elite features a pair of these modern humbuckers, with an alnico model in the neck and ceramic model in the bridge.
The alnico neck humbucker is designed for full chords and fluid solos, plus an additional unique voice that you'll need to hear to appreciate. The ceramic bridge humbucker gives the versatility to achieve both active-pickup-style aggression and passive-pickup-style punch. Each pickup has dual voice capabilities, accessed via the SLS Elite's volume/tone push/pull pots.
This combination of dual humbuckers and switching functionality gives you a very wide tonal palette to draw from, and will deliver a superb high-gain tone in whatever style of music you desire. The wide tonal range of the Fluence pickups provide exceptional clarity for the extended range of this instrument, giving you full coverage for both low-end riffing and high-end shredding.
Fast Neck Specification
The C-7 SLS Elite has a neck specification aimed squarely at high performance. The neck itself is very thin with a shallow "C" profile. It sits comfortably in the hand and is mounted through the body with a shallow "Ultra Access" joint. When combined with the asymmetric double cutaway body, the C-7's neck will disappear under your fingers as you effortlessly glide along its whole length.
The fingerboard is crafted with a modern compound radius, widely regarded for its low-fret comfort (with rounder radius) and high-fret soloing capabilities (where it becomes flatter). The neck is mounted with 24 stainless steel frets; not only do the stainless steel frets last longer and give a brighter, more resonant tonality, they are also extra-large and give fantastic grip on the strings for easy bends and vibrato.
The C-7 SLS Elite has a swamp ash body, known for its well-rounded tonality and resonance. The body is topped with flamed maple for added high-end response and a striking aesthetic on stage. The neck is a multi-ply design with maple, walnut, and padauk. It is reinforced with carbon fibre for incredible stability and increased sustain. The multi-ply neck also looks fantastic from the back of the guitar, with the neck running along the whole length of the instrument; it's almost a shame for your audience that they won't see this rear view.
The C-7 SLS Elite has additional design touches for professional performance. The compensated Ernie Ball nut helps with accurate intonation along the length of the neck, while the locking tuners guarantee tuning stability. The hardtail bridge is a thru-body design for increased resonance and string vibration transfer. No detail is left to chance on the Schecter C-7 SLS Elite and you can be sure that it has been honed to perfection to give you the best performance capability possible.
- Fishman Fluence Modern humbuckers for noise-free performance with a powerful response
- 7-string extended response
- Versatile push/pull volume and tone pots
- Incredibly comfortable thru-neck design with Ultra Access joint
- 24 extra jumbo frets for supreme grip on the strings for vibrato and string bends
- Compound radius provides optimum playing comfort balanced with easy playability
- Stable multi-ply neck with carbon fibre reinforcement
- Compensated nut gives superior intonation
- Versatile tonality from swamp ash body with striking flamed maple top
- Hardtail and string-thru body for long sustain and maximum resonance
- Locking tuners for tuning stability
- Model Name: C-7 SLS Elite
- Item Number: 1355
- Country of Origin: South Korea
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Neck-Thru w/Ultra Access
- Body Material: Swamp Ash
- Top Material: Flamed Maple
- Binding: Ivory 1-ply
- Neck Material: Maple/Walnut/Padauk Multi-ply w/ Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Rods
- Inlays: Abalone Offset/Reverse Dots
- Side Dot Markers: Abalone Dots
- Scale: 26.5'' (673mm)
- Neck Shape: Ultra Thin ‘C’
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .748'' (19mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .787'' (20mm)
- Frets: 24 X-Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12''-16'' Compound Radius
- Nut: Ernie Ball Compensated Nut
- Nut Width: 1.889'' (42mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ Heel Access Spoke Wheel
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: Fishman Fluence Modern (Ceramic Magnet) Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Fishman Fluence Modern (Alnico Magnet) Humbucker
- Controls: Volume (Push-Pull)/Tone (Push-Pull)/3-Way Switch
- Battery Compartment: 9-volt Clip-in Battery Compartment
- Hardware Color: Black
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Bridge: Hipshot Hardtail (.125) w/ String Thru Body
- Tuners: Schecter Locking
- Strings: Ernie Ball 7-String (.009/.011/.016/.026/.036/.046/.062)
- Case: SGR-1C ''Case Sold Separately''